Friday, July 3, 2009

Its the little things...

This past few weeks have been very challenging but today I realized that its the little things that count.

I was watching TV with my mom today after being upset at some things earlier. We were watching VH1 Greatest music from the 90's Countdown and I couldn't help but to smile at some of the best memories that went along with the songs.

Between Brittney Spears to Will Smith's hit song and everything in between,memories were surrounding me. One specific memory happened on one of my birthdays in my childhood. I got a CD from Backstreet Boys and the following Christmas got a boom box. I danced in the living room for hours dreaming of being a back-up dancer for The Backstreet Boys.

Or how Hanson changed my life forever. I listened to their songs for hours and hours. I remember hearing it in a Limited Too store while picking out school clothes. I thought I was the coolest because I knew all the words to their songs.

Believe it or not Cher is one of my favorite women singers. I had the shingles when I was ten years old and had to be separated from my other siblings.I was in the family room trying to get to sleep when my dad came in wanting to taking care of me. He turned on Cher and I feel in love. I was so amazed by her voice.She made me feel so great inside. I can't even begin to explain.

Bye bye bye from 'N Sync was a huge hit. Days went by listening to that song over and over again. I sang it everywhere. But what really helped me a lot through the hard times as a child was This I promise you by 'N Sync. Something about that song helped me through a lot.

Just hearing songs from my childhood made me think a lot about what makes me happy. It was the fact that I was watching TV with my mom hearing my childhood memories replayed in my head. It turned my frown upside down.The little things can mean a lot. For me today was a walk down memory lane.

Never forget that its the little things that count.

2 comments:

  1. wow avers I can totally relate to this blog...I mean kinda. It is beautiful how things can change so quickly. It's actually crazy sometimes because hello, it's hard to go from NSYNC to Miley Cyrus. (rolls eyes).
    Just so you know, I AM NOT WRITING A BLOG ON TOP OF A BLOG!!!!.
    hugs, kisses, and rocking out with your hairbrush,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember the times in the Corona house and we used to practice dancing to N'Sync or Backstreet Boys??? those were the times....lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)