Thursday, August 16, 2012

Update on my life :)


I have been asking myself the age old questions “where am I going?” and “how am I getting there?” It has been such an uphill battle filled with tons of paper work.

This is my education journey so far. In January I decided that I was finally ready to transfer from Norco College and get started on my B.A. It was a solid proof plan: to pray about where God wanted me to go to then just go. Little did I know there is a lot more to this process that I was unaware of. So first weekend in February I visited Azusa Pacific University. It is such a beautiful school.  I decided to take an interest in APU, and I applied for their school.

I also visited Biola University, my dream school, during the weekend of my baby sister’s 15th birthday. I was so excited to visit. Everyone was so nice to me, and I felt like this is where God wants me. It feels like home. So just recently I applied to Biola University for spring 2013.

I also took an interest in Hope International University as well as Cal Baptist University. And during this summer, I received the amazing news that I was accepted to CBU, HIU, and APU.

God was not finished with me. I started to feel like I was missing something. I have a great life, but I had heartache for more. So God tugged on my heart. I have been volunteering for the five and six year old room at my church. I feel and hear God’s voice so clear.

So where am I going now?

I will be staying at Norco College for fall 2012. I am waiting to see if I have been accepted to my dream school. Due to financial issues and other life problems, I feel that this will give me time to get a job and start planning in more depth with what needs to be done before transferring. This has been a very emotional and stressful decision in my life, but I know and believe that God will use this to prepare for the next step in my life.

I want to personally thank everyone who has prayed for me, supported me, and just loved me during this time. And if you see me on campus, do not be afraid to say hello.

Matthew 6:33-34
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)