Sunday, April 3, 2011

Psalm 27-Part Three!- Teach Me!


This story is based on Psalm 27:7-10, and it was recent in my timeline. Tuesday March 29, 2011 was a very difficult day for me filled with challenges, struggles with sin, and my favorite: cries out to God. It was a struggle but I got through it. I think it is very awesome that even though I had a terrible day, God was still there for me. I need that amazing truth every day, not just my bad days. 

Bad: I felt alone even though I was in a sea of friends.
Good: God was still there for me.

Bad: I stressed and cried over this whole situation.
Good: God heard and answered my prayer. 

Bad: I had to go through with Tuesday.
Good: God used it for His Glory, and taught me a lesson with it. 

Psalm 27:7-12
“Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
      Be merciful and answer me!
  My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
      And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
  Do not turn your back on me.
      Do not reject your servant in anger.
      You have always been my helper.
   Don’t leave me now; don’t abandon me,
      O God of my salvation!
 Even if my father and mother abandon me,
      the Lord will hold me close.

 Teach me how to live, O Lord.
      Lead me along the right path,
      for my enemies are waiting for me.
Do not let me fall into their hands.
      For they accuse me of things I’ve never done;
      with every breath they threaten me with violence.”



Let’s Pray!


Dear Father,
You have created this day for your Glory, and I am sorry for making it all about me. I know that I will have bad days but Father I know it is to make me strong. Teach me your ways, O LORD. I need You in my life every day. I pray that You will embrace me with one of your hugs to let me know that You are here.

Thank you Father!

In Jesus Name,
Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you incorperated this passage with your day and what God did in your life. Excellent and moving post!

    Love you!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)