Sunday, August 14, 2011

True Identity


Idols fill this wicked world that humans live in. The people worship actresses/actors, their favorite bands, and even the football teams that they think will win the championship. But too many times, these humans who we put our trust in, fail us. Maybe they didn’t win the Grammy or the Super bowl. We become lost and desperate without them. 

See the sick thing is that one time or another, we will all have to admit that we have worshipped something or someone other than Christ. Some have the courage to admit it, and others deny it on a day-to-day basis. 

To make the situation worse, we even worship ourselves. Humans go far out lengthens to serve themselves before others. I know that I have been especially guilty of this lately. Selfish people think about themselves before they think about the rest of the world.

Jeremiah 10:10
“But you are the only true God.
      You are the only living God.
      You are the King who rules forever.
   When you are angry, the earth trembles with fear.
      The nations can't stand up under your anger.”

The truth is that God is thee only One. He created the Heavens and Earth. He created you and the rest of the world. He deserves our attention each and every day. If you are dealing with an idol in your life right now, I encourage you to spend time with God asking for forgiveness and asking for His help. You cannot battle this alone; you need the One and Only God, Abba.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post so much. Your posts bring such a pure convicting light into my life. After reading this, I too realized that I need to work on making God my own King, not success, not myself, not anything but the one true worthy King. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! That is all I can say. This post is truly wonderful and right on.

    Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)