Sunday, August 28, 2011

God gives Peace- Just Ask!

After a stressful week, God blessed me with an amazing mini vacation. It was much needed. I know I said that I was going to start my new series, but I didn't have time to properly prepare for it. I will start it next Sunday. Okay, back to my story...

I needed to get away to clear my head. These last two days has been a blast. On Friday, I kicked off my mini vacation at Huntington Beach for my close friend's graduation party. I am so proud of her. Then I went to Seussical the musical with my family and best friend. My baby sister played a cute tiger. After the show, I went to my older brother's apartment in the Palm Spring area. It was 100 degrees when we got there at midnight. It was a hot one!!! Besides getting a gnarly sun burn across my back (which I had asked for) and a few moments lost in thought, I had a very beautiful day.


While at the beach, I sat in the sand by myself to reflect on how awesome and amazing God is to me. I am so unworthy. When I saw the waves crashing into the shore, I could not help but to think how beautiful they were. God created beautiful waves, sunsets and rises, sand, and me. It gave me time to truly think and pray over my situation that I am faced with. I love how my sweet Abba uses these times to teach us that His hand is intertwined into ours; He will never leave nor forsake you.

On Saturday morning, we woke up early to go to the Tesoro event. It was fun. We went to each booth to check out how oil works and more informative information. I got double burnt due to no sunblock. Then we went to met my older brother's friend in Long Beach. It was a beautiful day. Well funny story, my older brother got lost, so we walk to the hotel. I did not mind the walk because I got to spend quality bonding with one of my younger sisters'. I do not get to do that often, so whenever I get a chance I enjoy talking to her. We visited the Aquarium of the Pacific for a quick tour. It was full of the cutest sea creatures. Indeed that made me think of God's wonderful beauty. Next, we went over to the Queen Mary for enjoyable chance to take pictures. 





I think for my last weekend of summer, I had a great one.I woke up this morning an overwhelming peace from God. He knows that deep down inside I am hurting and dealing with some BIG decisions very soon. I love how He holds my hand through every situation. To conclude my mini vacation, I prayed out to God asking Him for help with my circumstance.

If you are struggling with a situation in our life, I encourage you to read this verse out loud. But most importantly remember that God is loves, and He loves you very much. 


Job 36:15

 "But God saves suffering people while they are suffering.
      He speaks to them while they are hurting."

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post :) You are simply completely wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, this post, that you got a great mini-vacation, that verse, and you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)