Sunday, October 30, 2011

Traditions!



Every family celebrates different holidays and traditions. In my family, we always watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! It has been one of my favorite shows to watch around this time of year. My family always gathers on the couch to watch it, but this year things were different. My baby sister, little brother, mom, and I gathered to watch this special while my dad and little sister were in class. Even though we were not all there, I remember how beautiful it is when we would watch it. It took me back to my childhood.


Another tradition that my family has had at one time is attending Harvest Festival. We would go to Riverside Community College Norco campus the Friday before Halloween and trick or treat. After my Papa died, we stopped doing this event. This year I had the blessing and honor of planning and volunteering at Harvest Festival. But the best part of all is it was for the Christian club that I am involved in. I believe we touched a lot of little kids lives, and maybe they will remember it. 

Our theme for our booth was Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I played the White Witch, and it was a blast. Although I was a very nice witch, I know that it was a huge success. I cannot wait until next year to see what God has planned for our club. 

Until then here are some pictures from the event…

(This was our very beautiful background for the springtime in Narnia)


(Keely, my little sister, on the left. Me, the White Witch)




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I enjoyed learning about your traditions and I'm glad you are able to enjoy such wonderful moments with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)