Sunday, October 2, 2011

Not Young Anymore!


     When I was younger, I thought I could conquer the world all by myself. I wanted to be the one to achieve my goals by myself. I wanted that victory for myself. I learned time and time again that I cannot keep doing that; however I really did not learn until this past week. On Monday September 26th, 2011 I received the whisper of “lean on me” coming from my sweet Abba. 

            I grew up this week. It was not a physical growth, but it was a Spiritual growth. My birthday was on Tuesday and as I celebrated 21 years of life, I reflected on how I have been so selfish trying to do this life on my own. I’m not young anymore; I am supposed to be mature in my faith. My faith was tested this past week as I waited in the doctor’s office to hear what would be the next step. 

These thoughts crowded my head:

I am not the same person I was a year ago or even a few days ago.

I have the knowledge and experience about growing up. 

I am not young anymore. 

            This week has been a true blessing, and I know that this trial is not over yet. I want to encourage each one of you to continue fighting and staying strong in your faith. Remember God is here for you. Today, I chose to trust and believe that God is here. Today, I will have God lead, and I will follow. I am not young anymore, are you?

( This is not my video. All credit goes to the rightful owner of this video.)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. You are such a sweet, encouraging woman of God and I know that Jesus is looking down at you saying "Very well my dear." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly wonderful, Avonlea. I am so thankful for you and your beautiful words! Love you!

    PS I am finally able to comment on your blog again! I don't know why but the way I used to comment on blogspot blogs stopped working. I found a new way though and now it is fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)