Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Purple Snow!


It has been six months where I have been trying to figure out what I should write for this blog. You see, my mommy said that I should write a blog called purple snow, and I have finally come up with something to write.

            On June 6th, 2011 my mommy and I were driving in Riverside to go turn in our Early Childhood Studies final. While we were quickly approaching the college, my mommy noticed these light purple flowers falling from the trees. She claimed that it looked like purple snow. It was unique, special, and very out of the ordinary. I did not understand what God meant by those purple flowers, but I do now. 

            These last few months have been particularly hard for me. Between school work piled up and the unnecessary necessary doctor visits, I have become a stranger to my own body. I have been changing. I have lost a lot of weight (not on purpose) and also lost strands of my hair. But underneath it all, I am still the same.

            My purple snow is my thyroid glands. Weird, huh! But it is unique, special, and very out of the ordinary. It may be causing me a problem now, but when I look from afar I see the beauty in it. Not only am I growing to trust God, but I am learning that who I am is changing. It may have happened so quickly and took me by surprize, but God is calming me.


(Christmas photos. From left to right: Keely-younger sister, Julia-baby sister, me, and Coby- baby brother)

            I wish I had a picture of these purple flowers falling off the tree. I leave you with this: no matter what you are going through, remember that it is beautiful. God is holding your hand through it all. You may not be able to see what is on the other side, but trust in God for He will show you the way.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is such an inspirational post, it makes me want to cry. You are such a beautiful woman of God and I am so grateful that you are able to see the beauty from pain. I love you Ave :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)