Sunday, April 29, 2012

Evolution:From Monkey to Human


There are people when they hear the word "evolution" get scared or do not even want to talk about it. I do not believe that we were once monkeys and then suddenly evolved into humans because the reality of that happening is none-not happening. But I will say that God has shed some light on this issue for me in a whole new way. I pray that you enjoy the way that God has shown me. 

When I was in high school, I was the girl who always had a smile on her face but behind closed doors I wept over all the hurt and pain that was done to me. I repeated the same sin over and over again; I seemed trapped. Monkeys also live by this repetitive behavior. In my B.C (Before Christ) days, I would do the same actions over and over again. I never realized how affected the way I lived my life. For example, I would wear a necklace, a watch on my left hand, a bracelet, and a ring. If I did not do this then I thought God would not bless my day. I was once figuratively a monkey. 

Then something amazing happened in my life. 

I evolve into a God-fearing woman. I learned that sinning builds a wall between me and God; I did not want a wall. So I evolved and left the old monkey, childish ways behind. Although I still sin, I can finally say that I am human now. The old me has been washed away, a faded memory of the past. 

Apart of being human is learning and doing what I understand. I am learning to trust God on a daily basis. I am learning to believe with all my heart. I am learning to stop settling for second best and strive for an abundant life with Christ. 

"We spend our lives trying to pursue that which some call success. Or we try to follow endless religious traditions that lead us nowhere. We are continually filling ourselves yet we still feel empty because we forget: long ago a man died on a wooden cross, nails through His hands and feet, blood dripping on to the ground, in order to release us from the sheep mentality. Love held Him on that cross and cries out to us now. The choice is ours: we accept the truth or to deny Christ. His truth changes conformity to courage- fear to hope- apathy to love- death to life. Now is the time."

You can change to: from monkey to human, from following the world into the grace of His love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)