Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Fast!


The last forty days, I have been participating in a fast that my church has been doing. I fasted my past, Twitter, and Aim. At first, I thought that it was really hard. But the more I grew closer to God, the lighter of a burden it got. I will admit that there were times when I wanted to give up. I am so blessed that I did not though because I have learned so much.

I learned that I do not need to be dependent on my past to determine my future. I always had this notion in my mind that I had to keep looking back. I was so wrong, and I am so glad that I do not need my past.
I learned to trust in my Abba with all my heart, mind, and soul! This has made a huge difference in my life. I wake up in better moods because I know and trust that it is the Lord’s Day, not mine. 

So many times I fall and have to pick myself back up. However; now I know that God is holding me through all life storms. While on my fast, I discovered this wonderful song. Take a listen! 

(This is not my video. Credit goes to the respected owner of this video)


Deuteronomy 31:6
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)