Friday, June 18, 2010

Are we clothed or naked?

What is a part of your daily routine? Is it getting breakfast, getting dressed then battling traffic on the way to work? Or are we looking in the mirror with empty thoughts about the day wishing for a way out of life? Or do you wake up with God at your bedside ready to conquer the day with love for the world? Some may think that it is impossible to accomplish option three but it really is not.

Here is the secret: reading the Word. I have no place to judge because I am human and do not always read my Bible on a daily basis. When I do read my day seems so much better. It is my strength and courage. But best yet it is like having God holding your hand through the day. You would not wake up in the morning and not get dressed for the day but yet we typically don’t read our Bibles when it’s the same concept. We have the honor and privilege to display His love through our clothes.
I will repeat myself; reading the Bible is like our clothes. It is related because you have the honor to read the Living Word and clothe yourself with Gods unconditional love.

You have a choice to make for yourself; are you going to walk around naked for everyone to see or will you show the world that you are clothed with the life and promise that God has given you? The choice is yours.

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”
Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)