Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Changed Heart!

My heart has recently been going through a tunnel of changes. I know that sounds weird, but it is completely true. The past few months I have been aching for my heart hole to be filled. I tried just about every spiritual thing you can think of. I would read my Bible, pray for the world, and sing songs of glory, but it still did not change me. It got to the point where I did not know anymore what to do.

I took a deep breath and thought to myself “what if I meant what I said?” That was it. I was going through a season of passionless. I was unaware that I got comfortable to my daily routine that it was hard to feel again. I was not reading the Word like I use to with passion, I was not praying with my whole heart, and I was not singing the words and reflecting on what they truly mean. I was empty. I was comfortable.

I am glad to say that I have been changed. My heart needed to be tested for the better to help me realize that I needed to change. I am telling you this because this is a habit for those who believe. We lack passion because lose sight. We become so busy with what is going on in our own little world instead of being passionate for Christ. We worry about tomorrow before it even comes.
I want to be a changed woman for Christ. I am filled because He took the shame and hurt for me, covering His blood over my sins and forgiving me. Every day is a blessing. Every day is a second chance. Every day is a God created day. Let’s live with a changed heart.

2 comments:

  1. That is so amazing. I get blessed everytime I read this blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an amazing post! And I can definitely relate to you how felt as I just came out of a time where I lost passion for many things, including God.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)