Sunday, March 20, 2011

Psalm 27 Part 1: Falling on my knees


I am doing a series on Psalm 27 because these fourteen verses speak so close to my heart. This week I will take you through Psalm 27:1-3. Let’s get started with a story.


This week I have been so busy and hectic, but I know one thing that got me through: falling on my knees. I started out the week praying to God on my knees and ended it the same way. I have been humbled and put into place. I love how God works inside my heart and shows me truth every day. 


Psalm 27:1-3
“The LORD is my light and my salvation—
   whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
   of whom shall I be afraid?
  When the wicked advance against me
   to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
   who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
   my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
   even then I will be confident.” 


You see when we fall to our knees; we do not have to be afraid because God will always catch us. He loves us so much. The Lord will be able to pick you up and place you on His lap; He is Our rock and redeemer. He is so wonderful because He holds our life in His hands. He knows what is going to happen today, tomorrow, and in the future. 


Be encouraged each day to fall to your knees, and praise Jesus for He has saved us. The enemy may try to attack us, but God will hold us so tight to Him. I pray that you too will fall on your knees for Christ. Give Him your heart today; He will catch you when you fall. He is reaching out His hands saying “Fall to me, my beloved child.” Celebrate and praise Jesus for we have a Father that will catch us when we fall.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Avonlea, for reminder us of the wonderful gift of prayer! My pastor today was talking about that...how prayer is the least used tool of Christians but the most important one. Praying definitely makes all the difference!

    Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)