Sunday, September 25, 2011

True. Love. Waits.


I’ve always wanted my happily ever after. I’ve rushed into relationships and got my heart broken. God then mended it back to whole. The process repeated a second time. A year later after a heartbreaking relationship, I sit here: single and ready to fall in love. However, I was thinking about it. Do I want to go through that pain again? Do I want to be that immature girl again rushing into “love”? 

No, I do not want to be that girl. Instead, I want to wait to find love. I want to enjoy my singleness with my Heavenly Father. He is my first love, and He is the only One who knows how to love me. I want to be a woman of Christ before I fall in love. I know that God has great things planned especially for me. I am not afraid because I have already surrendered my heart to God. 

My parents have always told me that marriage takes love, time, and patience. No love will ever be perfect unless it is the love from Jesus Christ. I cannot wait to be in love like my parents but then again I am content with Jesus Christ. My parents have been married for twenty-nine years and still going….I want that. This is why I say true love waits.

 (My parents driving home)


(My parents on a ride at California Adventures)



1 John 4:19

"We love because he first loved us."

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I cannot say how much I love this post! Totally true and beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)