Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Tear or Two!


I have always tried to be the girl behind the smile. I have always been happy with my life. But when the times get hard, my smile turns to a frown. 

I have a confession…

Since November, I have been severely depressed. I was embarrassed and ashamed because I thought that God’s children don’t get depressed. I thought to myself “how could this happen to me?” I am supposed to be the happy one. I cried myself to sleep practically every night waiting for God to rescue me from this deep pit of depression. I read devotional on how to get rid of depression but it made me more depressed because I thought that I somehow failed in God’s eyes. 

The dark cloud hovered over my entire life. I stopped texting my friends, did not want to go outside my home, and stopped taking care of myself. I felt trapped in a box marked in big letters: failure. It literally changed who I was, and everything seemed pointless. 

I thought that I would never escape from this dark season in my life. I am very proud to announce that my life is making a 360. Although every day is a struggle to get out of bed, I know that God puts the joy in me. At the beginning of this month, I made a goal to try to be joyful and positive every day. It has been approving the way I see the world. I wake up thanking God and go to sleep ready for the next day. 

I want all my readers to know that if you are depressed to reach out your hand to God. He will help you out of the dark pit and put His wonderful light on you. 

Psalm 40:1-3
“I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He out a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and out their trust in the LORD.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Avonlea...don't think that! Depression is normal and fine. It is hard, yes, but never think that you must be happy because you are a Christian. Many people, including myself, face depression at one point or another. I'm actually planning a blog post on it for early February. Anyway, it is nothing to be ashamed about. I am glad that you can realize that now...just don't ever think that again! God loves you! He is there and He is getting you through.

    Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)