Sunday, January 1, 2012

Howdy 2012! Good-bye 2011!


As I sit on my bed with my netbook on my laptop, I remember the good and the bad of 2011. I remember in February of 2011 saying good-bye (not forever) to my older sister as she went to serve our Country. I remember praising God for her safe return home and heroism that she displayed. I remember spring semester in 2011; it was tough and I thought that it would never end. I remember my younger sister’s graduation and how proud I was and still am to see her in your graduation robe walking on the stage to receive the ticket to the next step in life. I remember my seven day challenge during spring break, and I knew from then on that our Father in Heaven is faithful. I remember going to my favorite band’s concert with my cousins and siblings. I remember the heart breaks as I was lead away from old friends, but God restored me with the gift of new friends. I remember seeing my baby sister playing a tiger in Seussical the musical and how proud I was to see her love for the stage develop. I remember in September where I celebrated my 21st birthday; another day of a blessed life. However; I also remember in the same month the struggles from the doctors that still are going on today. I remember the Diabetes Walk, Harvest Festival, and all the other volunteer work that did this year. But most of all, I remember Your faithfulness, Your love, and Your peace that covered me. 

Out of all the lessons that were taught this year, I learned a very amazing one: God’s beautiful faithfulness. I learned that through the storm, He is still here. I learned that no matter what happens today, God will guide you through it. I learned that no matter how far you run or try to hide, He is still holding your hand. 

I have been blessed by so many wonderful things and extremely thankful for from the year 2011: my new blogging buddy Elizabeth, my family, my school, my old and new friends, my bed and blankets, my house, my chores (just don’t tell my parents. Haha), the Bible as I completed my goal of reading the Old Testament this 2011 year, my new brother-in-law, my experiences, the trails and pains, the medical staff, my room, the sunrises and sunsets, and everything that God has done in my life. 



I cannot wait to see, taste, feel, and experience what’s in store for me in 2012. I pray that you are encouraged to continue seeking God. He is our Abba!

1 comment:

  1. This post is simply beautiful and so hopeful. It's weird because this came at just the right time for me. My mom and I were talking about how everything is changing and I was feeling kind of down about it all. But your words have really uplifted me. Reading your highlights, your joy throughout pain, and your hope for the future made me smile. Thank you for sharing!

    I am also so thankful to have met you through blogging, Avonlea. You have been such a wonderful support through your lovely comments, emails, and posts here. You are beautiful, sweet, caring, and such an amazing example of a servant of God.

    Love and happy new year!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)