Sunday, January 29, 2012

Now Entering!

This morning I had the honor to volunteer my time in the Children's ministry for one service and then go to church for the next service. As I was gasping for air, the aroma of worship to my sweet Savior was ringing in the air. It was so beautiful to see the hands go up in complete surrender. The air was just right, the seating was perfect but my heart was in a huge battle with my mind.

You see it started earlier that morning as I attempted more than once to roll out of bed. I hit the snooze button for another thirty minutes. Although I could not fall back to sleep after a terrifying nightmare, I knew that God would be in control today. I texted my sister who was all ready for church complaining to her that I was so sleepy. Even when we got to church, my tongue kept saying the words over and over again. 

But then something so amazing happened, I woke up. I prayed that God would help me with my heart and head battle and that through all things He would get the glory. 

So there I was sitting in third service anxious to hear what the guest pastor would speak about. He taught on freedom from your past, and my heart broke into two. I was so moved and felt that I really needed to hear that.

God always ropes us to the door of Hope. 
It's up to us to choose to enter or slam the door!

It really changed my attitude when I was thinking about this door of Hope. God gives us this door of Hope through every situation. This morning I could of woken up willing to go through the door of Hope rather than slamming it shut for some extra sleep. I could of seen that as a gift to go encourage my family and brighten someones day through a simple text message but instead I sat in my self pity. 

Life may be full of obstacle-big or small- but no matter what the 
other side of the door of Hope is calling your name.
He is reaching out His hand. Just let go of the past and run into the future with Jesus, our Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)