Monday, July 26, 2010

The Compassionate Heart!

A lesson in compassion really hit me hard the other day. I use to think I was very compassionate but my heart told me a whole different story. You see when I was younger I forgave everyone but as I grew up I lost that. I became very angry and bitter towards the world and everyone in it. In high school, my senior year, things changed for me. I became “on track” with God and His plan for my life but something was always missing. I was reading Beth Moore’s book called Breaking Free and learned that I was living with captivity. Forgiveness!

I thought that just by forgetting about the hurt that others put upon me was enough to be called forgiveness. I was wrong. I could have been lived in freedom all these years but I chose to be strangled by my captivity.

Here is what I did to be set free.
1) Think of all the people that I hurt and that hurt me
2) Pray that I would be forgiven for my actions towards these people and I also prayed that I would have the strength to forgive these people.
3) I told these people that I am sorry and truly meant it. I also told them about my life changing experience. To the people who hurt me I told them that I forgive them for everything.
4) I accepted my past and now I live in my future, an abundant life with my Abba.

Being compassionate is a hard thing to do on your own. Remember that God, the Father of His children will hold your hand through it all. I know He will. Ask, seek, and forgive.

Ephesians 4:32
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

1 comment:

  1. I must admit...this blog has encouraged me to forgive and seek forgiveness the right way. thank you for posting, this has changed my whole perspective on compassion. <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)