Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hollywood (Part 2)- Conquering my fears

Hollywood (Part 2)
Conquering my fears

Confession: I am fearful of a lot of things. I was able to conquer two of my fears this week. Glass elevators and bridges!

I have been afraid of elevators since I was a little girl. If I ride them then I always hold on. This time was different. My dad and I went into a glass elevator. At first, when I went on I was terrified. I prayed to my Heavenly Father before I got in. I was comforted in the midst of this scary event that was taken place. He did not leave me.

After the elevator we went on the bridge that crosses between buildings. It had a lot of cracks in it. So again I was comforted when I crossed the bridge.
What made me be able to cross the bridge and get on an elevator? Answer: the comfort of God. He never left me.

No matter what you are going through, whether it be facing your fear or even in a struggle God is always here. I recognized how much He loves me for helping in something that I thought was huge. I know that God is holding my hand through every day that have lived and will live. Take a few moments today to truly think about how God has been there for you.

Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

1 comment:

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)