Monday, July 12, 2010

Hollywood Part One-Homeless

Hollywood (Part 1)

On July 7th, 2010 my dad and I went to Hollywood. While we were there I realized three major important things that God was telling me. I was in awe with the first one.

Homelessness is a huge problem. Everywhere we went there were people who did not have a home. It broke my heart and I started to realize how blessed I am. I have been taking my house for granted. Let’s look at the back story before I am able to fully explain myself.

My family moved from house to house to house. I did not realize that God gave my family the chance to have a home. Yet I have complained about every single house. I feel awful for complaining. It was always “why do I have to share my room? Or the bathroom is just too small.” I should have been saying “Yay! I get time to get to know my sister better. Or thank you God for providing my family with a bathroom.” See when I took the chance to realize what great things God was doing in my life, I was able to see His blessings for me.

Jeremiah 33:3
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”

I love this verse. It touched me the very first time I read it. My heart has been heavy until I heard this verse. I love how the Creator of the universe wants to answer me. I am going to be praying for the homeless population, not just in Hollywood, and I know God will do big things.

Dear Father,
I pray that you will hear my cry for the homeless population. It breaks my heart to see so many people without a house and without you Lord. Please continue to do big things in their lives. Thank you, Jesus for my home.
I love you Abba!
Amen

1 comment:

  1. If more people would appreciate what they had instead of coveting everything they didn't they would find their lives more joyful and less stressful. You have a great insight into Gods sense of humility. I hope more people catch it by being around you.

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)