Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Abandoned,What Is Left of Me?

I know it is not Sunday, but there are some truths that I wanted to blog about to get off my heart.

Loneliness: feeling sad through being without friends or company (According to the Encarta Dictionary). I am living in a lonely season right now. It is so hard to wake up in the morning; I just want to crawl under my covers and cry myself to sleep. It is so hard to be around other people because I feel broken. Every morning I wake up, slap a fake smile on and pretend that is tolerable. On the inside my heart yearns for freedom; it yearns to not be lonely but accompanied. I do not know why I am lonely; all I can say is that this is the way I feel. I like to sit on my bed and get lost in thought.

Three truths that I learned about loneliness:

1) God is holding your hand through whatever you may be going. There is no problem too big for God; He already has His hand out to grasp yours. Open you palm towards His, and He will immediately be there for you.

2) God is your friend, and He will mend the pieces of you heart to fit perfectly. He will stay up late to hug you. When I feel lonely I always close my eyes and imagine God embracing His arms around me while He says “Dear child of mine, I love you so much. Be still, and let me do the talking to your soul.”

3) God will catch your tears. Crying goes along with loneliness, and it is perfectly ordinary to shed tears. In fact God wipes His sweet, gentle hand over your face every time a tear forms.

I may have all the friends and family in the world, but You are the only One for me. Father, you comfort me when I need a hug. You love me so much that you spend time with me. Thank you Abba!

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.”

I think God writes me letters of encouragement. I thought I share one that I have thought of in hopes of encouraging you.

Dear Avonlea,

You are not alone. Take my hand, grab your cross, and come follow me. I am here for you. I know the road can get tough at times, but you can do all things through me. You see dear sweet child of mine I love you so much that I walked the Earth as a man, took thrashings, and never left you. I was here for you then, and I am here for you now.

I love you with all my mind, heart, and soul Avonlea!

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful. I know how hard it can be, dealing with the feelings of loneliness. It may seem like you are in the valley, but God has a purpose for this! I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)