Sunday, January 30, 2011

Out Of Stock!

Have you ever been mean to someone who did no wrong to you? Did you think about your actions before doing? Do your words hurt others? If you said yes to any of those questions, I have the honor today to introduce you to my friend who displays only the best qualities. His name is Jesus Christ. He is loving, patient, gentle, trustworthy, compassionate, joyful, and so much more. When we feel that we have run out of the “good” qualities, Jesus never will. He has an endless supply of love. He has an endless supply of hope. He has an endless supply of compassion. No matter how much you think you have done wrong Jesus forgives you when you confess it to Him. He is patiently waiting with His arms stretched out whispering “Come follow me, my child.” How beautiful this is to me.

You see I have not been the best daughter, sister, and friend lately. When I am empty He feels me with His endless supply of fruit of the Spirit. He gives me a reason to shout and dance and sing. Now it is our mission on Earth to display the fruit of the Spirit everywhere we go. Yes, it is hard but think about this: if Jesus Christ was able to endure thee worst punishment for doing nothing wrong then we can do this. As a bonus to this we have Jesus Christ by our side the whole way. He is our friend. Embrace Him today.

Galatians 5: 22-25

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”

Let’s pray…

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray that those who read this blog will come to you. Lord, I pray that they will embrace you just like you do to us on a daily basis. Heal those who have anger problems, or maybe just can’t say a nice word. You are so amazing Jesus because you never run out of stock on love or patience or kindness. Remove our human ways and model us into a light for the world. Father, make them a new creation displaying the fruit of the Spirit. Thank you for the opportunity to share about you.

I love you Father,

Amen

2 comments:

  1. awww you are such an amazing writer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo what Jules said before me...you are amazing! This just gave me so much hope as I have messed up majorly lately, just in the past day even. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)