Sunday, January 23, 2011

Measured Teacup Of Mourning!

Two deaths occurred this week that I knew were coming. Let me explain to you what happened. I was sitting in the kitchen reading my Bible when both occurred. I knew it was coming due to prior days ahead, but I took advantage of it. Now they are gone. I am talking about Sarah and Abraham from the Bible.

I became so close to Sarah, and our friendship was just blooming….until I read Genesis 23. It broke my heart when I read of her death. I wanted to cry because I knew she would not come back. And the same thing happened when I read Genesis 25. Abraham passed away, and I thought about our journey together.

Even though I never met Sarah and Abraham, I felt so connected to them when I read their story. I started pondering on what was in their story that made me bond to them.

1) God has a covenant with Abram.

* God has promised me an abundant life, and time after time saves me from the trouble that I tangle myself in.

2) The gift of transformation

* Abram and Sarai went through a transformation process, and God gave them new names to signal that they were with Him. No, my name hasn’t changed but my life has changed. I have been saved through Christ Jesus, my Father.

3) Times of testing

* I have been on this journey for the last ten years of my life, and every one of the years has blessed me with a storm. When the hard times come do not run away from God but instead run towards Him. I know that He will have His arms open wide for you, just like He did for me and Abraham.

I know that the next time I read these passages about Abraham and Sarah I will save the moments that lie ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate, Avonlea! I've felt sad (even cried) for people that I have fallen in love with through reading too. The good thing with becoming close with bible characters like Abraham and Sarah is that one day we will meet them =)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)