Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Journey For A Lifetime!


My bag is packed for a lifetime commitment journey with my Savior. The only problem is my suitcase has been filled with burdens, trials, and hurts. I’ve been so consumed in my past that I forgot that God has promised me a bright future. Honestly, I did not even realize it until I heard the song “Suitcases” by Dara Maclean. I love this chorus from the song:


“You can't run when you're holding suitcases
It's a new day throw away your mistakes and open up your heart
Lay down your guard, you don't have to be afraid”

My suitcase is filled with things from my past. 


1)   The baby blanket of comfort! Wherever I am scared or need a good cry, I run to my baby blanket because it is always here for me. No longer will I run straight to my baby blanket because I know that God is the God of comfort.
 2 Corinthians 1:4 “He comforts us in all our troubles. Now we can comfort others when they are in trouble. We ourselves have received comfort from God.”

2)   Agape the Giraffe! I have conversations with this little giraffe. Instead, I should be talk to God about my wants, hurts, and needs. What can a doll giraffe do for me? She cannot satisfy me, only God can fill my whole in my heart. God is the only who can provide for me.
Proverbs 111:5 “He provides food for those who have respect for him.
      He remembers his covenant forever.”

3)   Addition is packed safely in my suitcase. I am addicted to soda especially Dr. Pepper. I’ve realized that my body is a temple, and I should take care of it. I need to be giving back to God using my body as a sacrifice. I’m not saying that you should just stop drinking soda; this is my personal conviction.
 Romans 8:32“He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”


These are the things that tie me down from living a life given by God. Today, I will lose these items because I am placing them at my Father’s feet. Help me get ready of my suitcase.


Galatians 5:1-3
“Christ has set us free. He wants us to enjoy freedom. So stand firm. Don't let the chains of slavery hold you again.”
Get rid of your suitcase, and walk with God on this journey called life!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I love reading this blog and learning more about you and ultimately, God. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)