Sunday, July 24, 2011

No More Shame; Hope is Here!


Dear Mirror,
You have always been so malicious to me. Every time I looked at you, I become ashamed about whom I am. I think to myself that there is no hope because your shouts of lies are so noisy and loud. I just want to look at you and not feel awful at who I am, and not feel terrible about my ugly past, and not be that girl anymore. This is all I ask.
Sincerely,
Avonlea






Dear Mirror,
It’s me again. I have news for you. Don’t say a word just listen to what I have to say. For the last twenty years of my life, you have been giving me ugly remarks and spreading lies about who I am. I believed you. I thought that I was ugly, and I was ashamed every time I looked at you. Well you were wrong. I am beautiful because I was created wonderfully and fearfully by a loving Father. My beauty comes from God. No longer will you spread your lies to millions of men and women because we have hope, and His name is Jesus. Yes, my past will be ugly but I walk in liberty now. I have a Savior who healed me from my sins and bore the grave, rose again to save me. I do sin, but I receive forgiveness. Now that is true love.
Love,
Avonlea




2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Avonlea! Conquering the mirror is a difficult but necessary battle. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)