Sunday, July 10, 2011

Victory For the Righteous!

God woke me up early this morning to read a very powerful devotional. I would love to share with you. 
It is from a book called "Breaking Free: Day by Day" by Beth Moore

July 10th
"There are shouts of joy and victory in the tents of the righteous"
Psalm 118:15

As much as I wish my testimony could be defeat followed by salvation followed by complete victory, it is not. My testimony actually goes something like this:

Salvation, confusin, misery, defeat, success, more defeat, unmitigated failure, the victory!

In essence, my testimony is that there is life after failure- abundant, effective, Spirit-filled life- for those who are willing to repent hard and work hard. Wholeness will only come when we give ourselves wholly to God and let Him fill every empty place in our lives.

(This are not my words. All credit goes to Beth Moore, author of Breaking Free: Day by Day Devotional)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. It truly is amazing to worship God who loves us, no matter how much we mess up.

    Ave, your life is a living testimony of God's love and compassion. You are an inspiration to all.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)