Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Joy of Friendship!


Have you ever been loved by friends, siblings of friends, or maybe even your own family? I have always wondered if my friends would take a bullet for me, or help me out when I am in trouble. They may be human just like you and me, but one we all share in common is the foundation of love for Christ. 

 


I am so joyful even time I look back on old pictures like this one. It makes me think of how my relationship was with Christ that day, how it has grown, and what I still need to work on. I feel that one area of my life that I need to work on is being a friend. 

Jesus accepts everyone: the blind, the lame, and even the tax collector. Each one of my friends has struggles, and I need to be more of a positive light in their lives.  I enjoy this translation of Proverbs 17:17.

Proverbs 17:17
 “A friend loves at all times.
   He is there to help when trouble comes.”


Am I there to help me friends when trouble comes?


Am I there to be their shoulder to cry on?


Am I there for them?

I want to encourage you, beloved to take on the love challenge. Truly listen, speak when you have to, and most important be there for your friend. I will be praying that this world can be better friends.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. The pictures are ADORABLE (except my big head in the Disneyland one haha but that's my fault) and your blog is convicting (but in a good way.) What I'm trying to say here is that your blog really inspired me to break down the barriers in my life and love on another as He's done for me. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)