Sunday, March 28, 2010

BE BEAUTIFUL! (part 2)


Mirror, mirror on the wall how much weight do I have to lose after all? The mirror can be and is to many a self-confidence crusher. I want to tell you that it does not have to be a judging advice or a hurtful tool. It is all about what you see and the truth.

This week a random occurrence came about when I was at school. I was sitting by myself at a picnic table under the beautiful sky that God created that day. I was patiently waiting for my friends while I was finishing up some homework and eating my lunch before my next class. When a man dressed very professional came up to me I knew change was involved. He told me about this great offer an exercise company has for students at my particular college. It includes a coupon to get yoga classes and facials. I was very silent when I told the man that I was not interested even though I knew I was. I was in denial the rest of the day and continued the argument inside my head. I know that I am neither skinny nor overweight but I feel that I need to lose weight in order to feel good about myself. I constantly hear lies from the world. “Avonlea, please understand that you need to lose weight.” Or “Avonlea, are you serious? Look in the mirror you need to lose that fat around your waist!”

Now here is something everyone needs to hear. God made you perfect in His image. I love that. I know that I am going to have some harsh criticism about myself but ultimately God says I made you perfect. Wow! I do not need to lose weight or get yoga class in order to feel good about myself. I am able to stand in the mirror to declare that God did a perfect job! I know it is hard sometimes to feel beautiful but remember the most beautiful thing in the world is when you recognize His beauty. Now I am confident, beautiful and free.

Remember that God made you perfect in His image. You are BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)