Monday, March 8, 2010

An undeserving love story!

About a week ago, I got really emotional distressed. I thought my world was falling apart beneath my feet. I could not contain my tears and my family did not see me smile for a long time. Let me tell you what had happened in my life. On February 25th, 2010 I got "dumped" and kicked to the curb at least that is what it felt like. I was dating someone who I thought could complete the love story that I had in mind for my life. Boy, I was wrong. I will be open and honest here. I thought I was in "love" with a guy that took my heart from the very first time I laid eyes on him. We went on one date but that date was suppose to determine our future together. It did alright. If my parents are reading this I want to apologize in advance for not telling you everything. I feel really guilty about it. We kissed and I was glad he was my first kiss. He treated me with nothing but with respect for the next few weeks. I had some things going on in my life and he was there holding my hand through it. I once doubted that fairy tales really existed until I met the man of my dreams. We were really close and I am disappointed in myself for not continuing our closeness. I continue to ask God for a reason to this madness and I got the perfect answer. That is NOT my love story.

Here is my love story that God wrote for me. It does not start out with once upon a time but it is a true story that has changed the lives of others all across the world. It starts in a place known as Bethlehem where a virgin gave birth to my love story, Jesus. While He was on this earth, He was hated by many and they wanted Him dead. Jesus knew exactly what was going to happen but He did it anyways for me and you. That's right. Jesus carried a cross for miles and miles to go to a hill where death was written all over it. He loved us so much that He was mocked, put to shame, and took our sins as a sacrifice. My love story is beautiful, filled with compassion and love but most of all a gift from above. I love Jesus! He knows my heart and everything about me. Jesus is my love story!
Through the last week or so I have learned a few very important lessons with my current situation.
1) I need to tell my parents everything. I feel awful about not sharing this with my parents first. I am sorry!
2) Do not take a situation for granted. Praise Jesus for giving you another day to live.
3) Jesus will forever be my love story.
4) No matter what happens in this world, remember that a guy does not determine who you are. God already knows your heart. Trust in Him and you shall see the truth for your life.
5) And most importantly LOVE Jesus before any man that walks in your life.
I am so blessed to be able to have an experience like this to learn my five important life lessons. In retrospect, an incredible hard week has made me very blessed. I have an amazing family who love and care about me. I have Jesus who offers me unconditional love. My love story ends with happily ever after….in Heaven. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)