Sunday, March 21, 2010

BE BEAUTIFUL!




What is beauty?

Society tells us that we need to dye our hair, wear makeup, get liposuction, and much more. Is that really how we want to spend our lives? I guess that is a matter of opinion. I believe that society is spreading one of the hugest lies in mankind. It takes away who we are as a person and we live out the lie. Self-image is a tough subject that everyone goes through because we are human. Why do we listen to society? Is it because the makeup makes you feel confident, or is it because our wallets do the talking for our hair upon the enormous amounts of dye? We end up caring so much what think society decides for beauty and destroy the person who we should be.

I want to touch on a heavy subject. Makeup! Every girl imagines waking up in the morning to put on her face. Wrong, this is one of the many lies society tells us. Girls, young ladies, and women of all ages are not accepted if they go the natural look. We get mocked and crushed for not hiding our flaws. Why should we? So what if I have a zit on my chin that looks like Mount Everest or have freckles. I think everyone, no matter who you are, is beautiful. Makeup has become the social norm because of the advertisers and money involved for these big businesses. Let me ask you something would you feel comfortable if all the makeup in the world never existed?

Jesus does not have makeup for He is natural. I will clarify Jesus did not hide anything. He knew what was going to happen and went through everything instead of lying to himself. He defined beauty by stepping out naturally. He did not cover His love for God but did the very opposite He told the world. Unmasked and exposed Jesus took the first step into beauty so let’s take the second and so on.

Remember that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

P.S My little sister made the image. She did an amazing job! Thank you sister! <3

1 comment:

  1. That was so beautiful. I myself have really struggled with makeup, until finding out I was allergic to all that glitter I wore on my face. I now KNOW I am beautiful, not because of what the world thinks but because of my heart for God.
    I am making a recommedation on my blog for this series. It was beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I am Avonlea. I appreciate the comments so much. Thank you! I pray that you were blessed by this blog. :)